This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Saturday, September 3, 2022

11th great grandparents ~ David & Magdallen (nee Stewart) Kinnier

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2022: Week 35 (FREE SPACE)


For this week's prompt, FREE SPACE, I decided to follow up on last week's timeline after noticing I didn't have the Thomson line back very far.

I began looking at the sources for the folks I did have in our Bramble Bush, and then adding details and folks to see how far I could go back.

I arrived to my 7th great grandfather:
Andrew Thomson
BIRTH 1706 • Pathhead, Scottland, Fifeshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
DEATH Scotland, Scotland, United Kingdom

The Thomson line in Scotland is difficult to ensure it is the right family member being added. This is as far back as I have made it for the Thomson line. The reason for my stop was an inability to ensure it was my Thomson line I was following given the common names. 

In the past I would just give up there. 

This time I decided to follow further back on the wives line.

Andrew's wife (my 7th great grandmother) was 
Agnes Kennier
BIRTH 22 MAR 1710 • Pathhead, Fife, Scotland, UK
DEATH Scotland, UK

Tracking back on 7th great grandmother Agnes' line I was able to go back 4 more generations to my 11th great grandparents.

David Kinnier
BIRTH ABT. 1610 • Angus, Scotland, UK
DEATH Unknown
&
Magdallen Stewart
BIRTH ABT. 1610 • Scotland
DEATH Unknown

This is all of the information I currently have for my 11th great grandparents. 

Noting X11 great grandfather David's birth place I decided to check out Angus, Scotland. 

Scotland isn't a big country, but the travel distance between Angus & North Berwick where the Thomson family ended is great. 



How they ended up in North Berwick is a mystery.

I have written about the tale of North Berwick to Canada in the past.
You can read more about that in these two previous blogs:

3 Bricks in the Wall ~ Thomas Thomson (Stonemason, Brick House, Genealogical Brick Wall)


Exploring your ancestors movements to understand how you were raised where you were!!!



This is why I search - 


Cause ... 





You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!







***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***

Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks/



If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

______________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment