This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Facing Management Effectively ~ Changing Our Dinner Hour Forever

 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024: Week 36 (WE DON'T TALK ABOUT IT)


At first I was thinking that I didn't want to write about this week's prompt because I haven't dug up any new skeletons for quite a while, and didn't have the capacity to start digging. 

I then considered reposting an old skeleton, but thought where's the fun in that. 

Then I considered not writing at all, but decided that didn't fit for me because I committed to myself that I would write weekly.

Then I decided to write about Labour Day, and the Labour Movement. 

We have unions to thank for many of the protections found across the unionized and non-unionized workforce. 

Without unions I believe we would still be working too many days a week without many of the protections we see across all sectors.

Chris and I have had the privilege of belonging to a union for a lot of our adult lives. 

Chris got very involved in his union. 

He held many positions in his many years with the union.

Until he was promoted to management 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm not sure he sees the humour in my regular comments that he joined the dark side.

It was about that same time he left the union that I became involved in my union.


We don't talk about our different sides of the Labour/Management table.

Just kidding ... we talk about it a lot!!!


In fact I have plans to take a Facing Management Effectively course, and change our dinner hour forever.


Until then we don't talk about it!!! 



This is why I search - 


Cause ... 





You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!







***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***



Photos:

Personal


Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks/



If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment