This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Friday, August 5, 2022

Bucky ~ A Paramedic Story

When I stopped and thought about who is the #1 historical helper I thought about Florence Nightingale.   

Then I wondered if she was a relative so set off to Wikitree to find out. The CONNECTION TO ME button on each page makes finding out how many degrees of separation & the route super easy.

21 degrees between Florence Nightingale & me via my mother's maternal line.

Florence Nightingale is the sister-in-law of uncle of wife of granduncle of wife of great-grandnephew of wife of 4th great-granduncle.

Given how close the relationship is there is no question I would seek a career in healthcare.

Just kidding - I work in library, and before that I worked in the field of social services.

Florence Nightingale is in this Bramble Bush, but so far away it would be shocking if we shared anything in common.

BUT I did marry into the healthcare field. 

My husband has been a paramedic for almost 30 years. Before that he was a first aid attendant in construction. 


Correction - The #1 helper in this Bramble Bush is my husband Chris. 

There are people alive today because he showed up. 

He really is a HERO!

I could tell you, but he can tell you in his own words.
Just click the video link
Bucky - A Paramedic Story


A big shout-out to my colleague, Smitty, for making this fantastic video showcasing his passion for his career & the patients he cares for.



Finding the heroes in your own family!!!




This is why I search - 


Cause ... 





You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!







***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***


Sources:

Bucky: A Paramedic's Story#1. Smitty Speaks Media. Originally filmed April 12th 2017. Retrieved August 5th 2022 from 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TzyuV9yy4c


Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks/



If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment