This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Thursday, July 4, 2024

When Your Captain Refuses to Speak ~ Staycationing

 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2024: Week 27 (PLANES)


We are on vacation this week, but sadly did not hear those magical words.... 'this is your Captain speaking' because we decided to staycation.

Had things been different I could have easily used this week's prompt to feature our vacation plans. BUT since we decided to stay home I was thinking there was no reason I couldn't just write my blog as usual. 

Then we started treating this vacation like a resort vacation, and I decided to feature our 'off resort excursion day'.

We are registered for the Great Cycle Challenge again this year (my 4th, Chris' 5th), and are in training for the August official rides. For this reason we decided to incorporate cycling into our day. Renting a 2 seater cycle cart at the Greater Vancouver Zoo seemed like an ideal way to spend the day.







The animals were active today. We thought it might be because it wasn't too hot & there was a light breeze.























At least one species finds knees that make a clicking sound to be a sign of strength & virility 🤣

Finding this area where conservation is taking place - priceless


The dinosaur area at the Zoo is coming along. The motion part of the dinosaurs is not yet functional, but the dinosaurs were fantastic to look at.






We have a stump in our front garden that could definitely be made into an adorable feature similar to this.

Strava recorded a 5.9 km ride that included 1.5 hrs of moving time over a 4 hour visit. 



We were shocked that we cycled almost 6 kms given how much time we spent off the bike.  

After our active day outside we were starved so headed to Olive Garden for dinner.



When you have an amazing vacation day!!! 



This is why I search - 


Cause ... 





You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!







***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***





Sources:

Great Cycle Challenge. Retrieved July 4th 2024 from 
https://greatcyclechallenge.ca/

Greater Vancouver Zoo
. Retrieved July 4th 2024 from
https://www.gvzoo.com/


Photos:

Personal


Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks/



If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment