This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Comedic Relatives ~ Comedy Connections

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 33 (COMEDY)


When I discovered that I am the 11th cousin of Princess Diana through my mother's line friends laughed at how excited I was for such a distant cousin. They also commented if you look hard enough we are all related to everyone.


This week's prompt, comedy, left me wondering if I am related to any famous comedians. Thinking about the belief that we are all related I thought I would have a long list to share in this blog.


I visited FamousKin.com to search for in common matches with myself & Robin Williams.


Turns out that we aren't all related. 



I looked to see if I could find a way to connect Robin Williams to my tree. Robin Williams is my all time favourite comedic actor. I watched him first in Mork & Mindy, and have been a fan ever since. I was very sad when he passed away in 2014. 


I am not related to Robin Williams. 


After I found no connection to Robin Williams I started searching for other famous Comedians. 


I spent hours searching through the in-common relatives I had with famous folks on the FamousKin.com website, and found only three.


They nicely fit this week's prompt because they are Comedians & it really is comedic just how distantly related we are. Yet I can still claim then as kin by marriage since they fit into my family tree.


In alphabetical order I present my comedic relations below.




********

JIM CARREY
Image result for jim carrey
4th cousin 6x removed of husband of my 5th cousin 6x removed


James Eugene (Jim) Carrey
BIRTH 17 JAN 1962 • Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
DEATH Living





***

CHEVY CHASE
Image result for chevy chase
8th great-nephew of wife of my 1st cousin 9x removed


Cornelius Crane (Chevy) Chase
BIRTH 8 OCT 1943 • Lower Manhatten, New York, USA
DEATH Living





***

ELLEN DeGENERES
Image result for ellen degeneres
2nd cousin 12x removed of husband of my 2nd cousin 9x removed


Ellen Lee DeGeneres
BIRTH 26 JAN 1958 • Metairie, Louisiana, USA
DEATH Living





***




I was very disappointed to not be related to Robin Williams, but being related to Ellen DeGeneres, Chevy Chase, and Jim Carrey is a very nice consolation. I am definitely a fan of all three who I now know I am related to. My family line connection is through my mother's paternal BAYES married MERRILL line. My mother passed away before I found this connected line. She would have taken great delight in her famous relatives.


When I first began researching my family tree it was because I knew very little beyond my immediate family. I had discovered that what I thought I knew wasn't accurate. 


6 years ago I started this blog, and wrote this introduction at the top:


This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them. 
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know! 





Blood, marriage, adoption, attachment - all are included in my tree!




This is why I search - 



Cause ... 





You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!















***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***




Sources:


FamousKin.com, Jim Carrey, Retrieved August 14th 2019 from 
https://famouskin.com/family-group.php?name=95438+jim+carrey&ahnum=1

FamousKin.com, Chevy Chase, Retrieved August 14th 2019 from 
https://famouskin.com/family-group.php?name=42906

FamousKin.com, Ellen DeGeneres, Retrieved August 14th 2019
https://famouskin.com/family-group.php?name=43480

FamousKin.com, Robin Williams, Retrieved August 14th 2019
https://famouskin.com/family-group.php?name=29131

Google Images, Retrieved August 14th 2019 from
https://www.google.ca/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&authuser=0&ogbl



Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/

***


If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment