This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Taking Flight ~ The Wright Brothers

You can't land until you have taken flight.

This week's prompt LANDED immediately had me thinking about the pilots in our bramble bush who have my 6th cousins 4X removed to thank for their careers. 

I personally give them thanks for the tropical vacations we have enjoyed in the past, and look forward to in the future. 

It is beginning to feel like the 2 year travel sabbatical is coming to an end. I am hopeful to hear those magical words "This is your Captain speaking".

In the beginning, before there was magic in the skies, there were 2 young men with a dream!

 My 6th cousins X4 removed:

The Wright Brothers, and their immediate family.

The parents:

Milton Wright (my 5th cousin 5x removed)
BIRTH 17 NOV 1828 • Rushville, Rush, Indiana, USA
DEATH 3 APR 1917 • Oakwood, Ohio, USA
and
Susan Catherine Koerner
BIRTH 30 APR 1831 • Hillsboro, Loudoun, Virginia, USA
DEATH 4 JUL 1889 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA

Their children (my 6th cousins X4 removed):

Reuchlin Wright
BIRTH 17 MAR 1861 • Fairmont, Grant, Indiana, United States
DEATH 23 MAY 1920 • Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, USA

Lorin Wright
BIRTH 1862 • Orange Township, Fayette County, Indiana, USA
DEATH 1 DEC 1939 • Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio, USA

Wilbur (Will) Wright
BIRTH 16 APR 1867 • Millville, Henry County, Indiana, USA
DEATH 30 MAY 1912 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA

Otis Wright , (twin to Ida)
BIRTH 24 FEB 1870 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA
DEATH 7 MAR 1870 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA

Ida Wright , (twin to Otis)
BIRTH 24 FEB 1870 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA
DEATH 12 MAR 1870 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA

Orville (Orv) Wright
BIRTH 19 AUG 1871 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA
DEATH 30 JAN 1948 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA

Katherine (Katie) Wright
BIRTH 19 AUG 1874 • Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, USA
DEATH 3 MAR 1929 • Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, USA


Our shared ancestors are
My 9th great grandparents via my maternal line who are the Wright brothers 5th great grandparents via their paternal line.

Richard Lyman
BIRTH 24 FEB 1618 • High Ongar, Co. Kent (Canterbury) England
DEATH 3 JUN 1662 • Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
and 
Hepzibah Ford
BIRTH 15 MAY 1625 • Dorchester, Dorset, England
DEATH 11 APR 1683 • Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA



In our world today we view air travel as nothing unusual. Anywhere we want to go we can hop on a plane arriving in a short amount of time. It wasn't that long ago that air travel didn't exist. 

We have the Wright Brothers to thank for flights that take us away to exciting destinations where we can forget everything that regular life has to offer. 

When your ancestors were a part of creating your current day happy place!




This is why I search - 


Cause ... 






You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!









***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***






Photo:

Wright Brothers, FreeSVG, Retrieved February 9th 2022 from
https://freesvg.org/the-wright-brothers



Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/



If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

______________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment