This is my space to share my quest to collect as many broken branches as I can in my fractured family tree which resembles a bramble bush more then a proper tree. As I go forward in this blogging journey I hope to share how I have searched far & wide for family - with no regard for where they come from or if I should really want them.
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

2022 - A Return to the Old Normal

Future

What shall I write about for this week's prompt FUTURE? 

Understanding the past is the key to the future.

I have always tried to live in the moment. 

As the last moments of 2021 are upon us I honestly can't wait to forget about this year. 

In looking back I'm shocked to realize 2021 is over. 

This has been a hard year for most folks. 

It was the 2nd year of the Covid19 pandemic. 

So much of what was happening personally & throughout the world was overshadowed by the worldwide pandemic.

As 2021 comes to a close I look forward to 2022 with the hopes that we can go back to the old normal. 

When the pandemic first started, and we talked about the new normal there was lots of talk about what parts of the old normal we could let go of. I now no longer remember which parts I said I no longer wanted. I look forward to a return to the old normal. 

There is so little that I remember from this past year. 

There was so little to mark the passage of time.

One good thing that happened this year?

My dad gave us his Harley Davidson. He bought it new in 1986, and babied it. When he decided he was no longer riding it enough to keep it he gifted it to me. It is such a beautiful bike. It's in such good condition it qualified for Collector Plates. Maybe in 2022 we will attend a Show & Shine?  

1986 Harley Davidson, September 2021


Looking forward to a return to the the old normal.




From our house to yours  -  HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2022!!!




This is why I search - 


Cause ... 






You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family you know!









***Any errors are my own. Please send me any updates or corrections via the comments at the bottom of this blog post***



Links:

Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge
https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/


If you reference or use my blog posts in any way please
include a link to the specific blog and
credit http://somehowrelated.blogspot.com/
My blogs are ©Deborah Buchner, 2014 forward.
All rights reserved.
Please & Thank you!

________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment